2022 Bockfest from Mankato, N Mankato & the cities.
Ranked #1 for ‘Things you have to do in a Minnesota Winter” by the Star Tribune. Polka bands, DJ’s, fire pits, and incredible food abounds in addition to the frothy Bock beer brewed by the geniuses at Schell’s Brewery.
Event Details and Information
What is Bockfest?
Bockfest is held annually on the grounds of Schell’s Brewery in New Ulm, MN. It began originally as a feast to accompany Lent but has blossomed into an early spring must-do, fun festival. Thousands of festers gather to signal the upcoming spring months by enjoying Bock Beer, bratwursts, pretzels and the comradery of being with their friends, families and new found kinships.
We at Mnbeerbus/Bockfestbus strive to keep people safe and alive, DUI-free and to provide an extremely fun day for all of it’s riders. There is no need to plan hardly anything except the purchase of your seats. Let us take care of all the rest. Breakfast buffet provides the base for the day, buses provide safe travel and discounts save your wallets.
500 South Front Street
Mankato, MN 56001
Buses are school buses and usually leave Kato in waves, beginning at 9:00 am through 10 am after breakfast. Included breakfast buffet and the bar is serving early for you to buy a Bloody or other drinks. We highly recommend pre-purchasing your Bockfest Entry tickets. On sale in early February. You can bring a small soft-sided cooler of beverages on the bus with you. No glass.
We just added one bus that will remain in New Ulm until 6:30pm. It will go from Schells at 4:45 to downtown New Ulm so you can take in some incredible German heritage and fun. You will get 2 two for one coupons for the B&L Bar which is where we will leave from also. Ticket price is $50 to pay for extra bus rental time.
301 Belgrade Avenue
North Mankato, Mn 56003
Bus is a school bus and usually leaves Kato at 10 am after breakfast. Including breakfast buffet and a Bloody, Screwdriver or a tap. We highly recommend pre-purchasing your Bockfest Entry tickets. On sale in early February. You can bring a small soft-sided cooler of beverages on the bus with you. No glass.
LODGING AND DINING IN MANKATO AND NEW ULM
It is best to stay close to the Pub 500 when taking the Mankato buses. This would include the Hilton and the Civic Center hotels.
If wanting to take Spinners bus, it would be best to stay at hotels around the 169 area to be closest. Some are almost walking distance away.
There are many places for beverages and dining. Some of our incredible friend’s include Pub 500, Polito’s Pizza, Pita Pit, and La Bamba.
In New Ulm, we love to frequent the B&L Bar, where they make some of the best cocktails around and have every Schell beer on tap.
Riders will have opportunity for discounts and other special deals solely for them when you ride Bockfestbus.com.
Bus Info and Schedule Coming Soon!
Important things to keep in mind:
- DO NOT BE LATE! The bus will try to leave on the button and WILL leave at 5 You cannot drink or open your own alcoholic beverages in the bars. They will allow you to have your unopened cooler in there while we wait for the buses. The bar will be open for business if you do want a drink.
- Please make every attempt to keep buses clean. This is why price went up before. Tip your waiters and drivers- they are busting their butts to make your day stress-free.
- Dress up, have fun. No one will make fun of you. You will be surprised how many are.
- Buy a big mug, like the Bubba Keg. Beers in the past have cost 3 tickets. It takes about 2 1/2 beers to fill a Bubba Keg.
- Don’t stop at the first Ticket Booth, there is another one farther up with no one there. Lately, they have been selling a $20 pack of beer/food tickets at the gate area. It is much faster.
- Must be 21 to enter. Make sure you bring your ID
- Post your photos online on Facebook site. (#bockfestbus, #mnbeerbus)
- Cash, Unless something changes, there is one ATM at Bockfest.
Question: How much will I spend for the day?
Answer: Entry ticket is $10, which you can buy online on February 3rd at 10am. Most people will not spend more than $40 at the festival itself, and that includes food purchases.
WHEN THE BUSES DROP YOU OFF, THEY WILL BE DROPPING OFF ON CHERRY STREET INTO THE LARGE PARKING RAMP PARKING LOT. IF GOING BACK TO PUB 500, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PUT YOUR ALCOHOL/COOLERS INTO YOUR CAR BEFORE GOING IN BUILDING.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE, WHETHER IT BE VOMIT OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. IF I AM CHARGED FOR IT, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT. SO PLEASE BEHAVE AND BE RESPECTFUL. THREATENING OR VIOLENT BEHAVIOR IS NOT ALLOWED AND CAN RESULT IN NOT BEING ALLOWED ON TO BUS. WATCH OUT FOR YOUR FRIENDS- YOU KNOW WHICH ONES THEY ARE. – THANKS!
Purchase Your Seat Below
Important things to see:
- Be aware that there are no refunds unless we cancel the trip. You may transfer your seats to anyone though.
- Must be 21 to imbibe in alcohol.
- Ticket is good for one individual.
- Event is rain or shine.
- Abusive or violent behavior is reason to remove riders.
That being said, this is how to score some seats to Bockfest!
- Select your departure location to the right.
- Pick the number of seats you want.
- Click on “Submit Payment” to pay by Paypal or by credit card. Just follow their directions.
- Once payment is completed a confirmation email for your purchase will be sent.
- If you do not get email, check your paypal account. Many people have old email addresses on there.
- Show up when you are supposed to. Done. Enjoy the day!
How many seats are left?
2022 Bockfest Party Bus from Monies in Maple Plain -TBD
Breakfast buffet from 8:30am to 9:30am included. Board bus at 9:30 and arrive to New Ulm/Schells about 11am. Bockfest goes until 4:30 and bus will leave by 5pm, arriving back at Monies about 6:30pm. Please be aware this is the schedule and things like weather or lost riders may change it a bit. There are only 12 available seats on this bus and they will probably go fast. Purchase your spot below.