2024 Bockfest from Mankato on March 2nd, 2024
First, the most asked question from those who have never heard of Bockfest- what is Bockfest??? Bockfest is a celebration of the coming Spring, in which thousands of Minnesotans and those from as far as Germany come together uniting with beer, food, bonfires and incredible music on the grounds of America’s second oldest family-owned brewery- Schells Brewery in New Ulm. It is a sight to behold. Join Minnesota’s oldest and best transporter to this event known to mankind.
Ranked #1 for ‘Things you have to do in a Minnesota Winter” by the Star Tribune. Polka bands, DJ’s, fire pits, and incredible food abounds in addition to the frothy Bock beer brewed by the geniuses at Schell’s Brewery.
Event Details and Information
What is Bockfest?
Bockfest is held annually on the grounds of Schell’s Brewery in New Ulm, MN. It began originally as a feast to accompany Lent but has blossomed into an early spring must-do, fun festival. Thousands of festers gather to signal the upcoming spring months by enjoying Bock Beer, bratwursts, pretzels and the comradery of being with their friends, families and new found kinships.
We at Mnbeerbus/Bockfestbus strive to keep people safe and alive, DUI-free and to provide an extremely fun day for all of it’s riders. There is no need to plan hardly anything except the purchase of your seats. Let us take care of all the rest. Breakfast buffet provides the base for the day, buses provide safe travel and discounts save your wallets.
500 South Front Street
Mankato, MN 56001
Buses are school buses and usually leave Kato in waves, beginning at 9:00 am through 10 am after breakfast. Included breakfast buffet and the bar is serving early for you to buy a Bloody or other drinks. We highly recommend pre-purchasing your Bockfest Entry tickets, on sale in early February. You can bring a small soft-sided cooler of beverages on the bus with you. No glass.
LODGING AND DINING IN MANKATO
It is best to stay close to the Pub 500 when taking the Mankato buses. This would include the Hilton and the Civic Center hotels.
There are many places for beverages and dining. Some of our incredible friend’s include Pub 500, Flask Bar, La Bamba and of course, Pagliaias Pizza.
In New Ulm, we love to frequent the B&L Bar, where they make some of the best cocktails around and have every Schell beer on tap.
Riders may have opportunity for discounts and other special deals solely for them when you ride Bockfestbus.com.
Bus Info and Schedule Coming Soon!
Important things to keep in mind:
- DO NOT BE LATE! The bus will try to leave on the button and WILL leave at 5:15pm. You cannot drink or open your own alcoholic beverages in the bar. They will allow you to have your unopened cooler in there while we wait for the buses. The bar will be open for business if you do want a drink.
- Please make every attempt to keep buses clean. This is why price went up before. Tip your waiters and drivers- they are busting their butts to make your day stress-free.
- Dress up, have fun. No one will make fun of you. You will be surprised how many are.
- Buy a big mug, like the Bubba Keg. Beers in the past have cost 4 tickets. It takes about 2 1/2 beers to fill a Bubba Keg.
- Don’t stop at the first Ticket Booth, there is another one farther up with no one there. Lately, they have been selling a $20 pack of beer/food tickets at the gate area. It is much faster.
- Must be 21 to enter. Make sure you bring your ID
- Post your photos online on Facebook site. (#bockfestbus, #mnbeerbus)
- Cash, Unless something changes, there is one ATM at Bockfest.
Question: How much will I spend for the day?
Answer: Entry ticket is $10, which you can buy online on February. Most people will not spend more than $40 at the festival itself, and that includes food purchases. Schell’s Bockfest 2024 Tickets, Sat, Mar 2, 2024 at 10:30 AM | Eventbrite
WHEN THE BUSES DROP YOU OFF, THEY WILL BE DROPPING OFF ON CHERRY STREET INTO THE LARGE PARKING RAMP PARKING LOT. IF GOING BACK TO PUB 500, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PUT YOUR ALCOHOL/COOLERS INTO YOUR CAR BEFORE GOING IN BUILDING.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE, WHETHER IT BE VOMIT OR PROPERTY DAMAGE. IF I AM CHARGED FOR IT, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT. SO PLEASE BEHAVE AND BE RESPECTFUL. THREATENING OR VIOLENT BEHAVIOR IS NOT ALLOWED AND CAN RESULT IN NOT BEING ALLOWED ON TO BUS. WATCH OUT FOR YOUR FRIENDS- YOU KNOW WHICH ONES THEY ARE. – THANKS!
Important things to know:
- Be aware that there are no refunds unless we cancel the trip. You may transfer your seats to anyone though.
- Must be 21 to imbibe in alcohol.
- Ticket is good for one individual.
- Event is rain or shine.
- Abusive or violent behavior is reason to remove riders.
- You may leave items on bus but at your own risk. Mnbeerbus and Bus Charter are not responsible for it.
That being said, this is how to score some seats to Bockfest!
- Select Buy Now.
- Adjust the number of seats you want.
- Just follow their directions for payment.
- Once payment is completed, a confirmation email for your purchase will be sent.
- If payment goes through, you should be set.
- Show up when you are supposed to. Done. Enjoy the day!